Jaakko Tähtinen, 1941
Merchant G.V. Osonen created the Häme Farmers' Commerce Company that settled down on Hämeenkatu 7 in 1911, and as the company expanded quickly to become nation wide, the name was also changed to the Finnish Farmers' Commerce Company. However, following the 1940 Russian bombings of Tampere, their old wooden house burnt down, and they quickly set about to arrange for a new building to be built in its place. Thus Jaakko Tähtinen designed a new office building in a heavy-set functionalist style with its indented and narrow windows, the second floor with its framed window band, and the general block shape of the facade. The building was finished in 1943 due to material shortages.